Thursday 21 April 2016

Evaluation Question 3 - Part 2

Newspaper Page 1 Questionnaire: I produced a questionnaire to allow me to explore my potential target audience, by creating this questionnaire it will give me an understanding and some knowledge regarding who reads newspaper, their age and gender, along with what the like to see featured within tabloid newspapers. I handed out this newspaper to 20 people as well as creating an identical one on Survey Monkey to which 6 people responded on, all together I then had 26 responses regarding the audience’s needs of my newspaper; this would guide me to producing the most popular newspaper I could create using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. I only included 6 questions on this questionnaire as well as I felt like I had provided enough questions to gain all of the information needed, I covered questions such as the gender, age and interests so I could tailor my content accordingly. I asked how often people read newspapers which will allow me to know whether to feature content just covering daily stories or featuring content from throughout the whole week, which would allow a more detailed newspaper to be produced. I asked the question “What do you enjoy reading? by asking this question I am allowing those answering the questionnaire to tell me exactly what they would like to see featured within my newspaper, widening my target audience and including more content. The option which received the most votes was crime, this option received 14 votes which was shortly followed by the category gossip which received 10 votes. This determined what my main story would be along with the stories featured on my side bar. I also added the question asking where people would like to see my stories covering, since I handed this out to 20 people and 17 responses came back with the answer town centres and the other 3 were local, I will be basing my main story on someone who lives locally within Gateshead although the story will be based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

No comments:

Post a Comment