Tuesday 20 October 2015

Media Consumption

Publication
  • National quality dailies - The Telegraph 
          75% from advertising 
          25% from sales
  • National popular dailies - The Sun
          46% from advertising 
          54% from sales
  • Regional dailies and Sundays - Manchester Evening News
          73% from advertising
          27% from sales
  • Regional paid-for weeklies - Hereford Times
          85% from advertising 
          15% from sales

I will also be looking at the digital statistics of some newspapers compared to the circulation figures:

These are the circulation and distribution figures, I can look at these and compare two newspapers such as the Gazette and the Chronicle. This will allow me to  see which is more successful, guiding me with the selection of choosing which newspaper I want to use as my style model. If I choose the more popular newspaper to get inspiration from, this may help with the popularity of my piece.

The more circulation and consumption figures I look at will allow me to become more educated with the way in which newspapers are read, by who, where and when.
These are the circulation figures for The Northern Echo, this will allow me to see where a regional newspaper covers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment